Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Automatic Celery

I feel like one of the main things people should know about me is that I have an...UNCOMFORTABLE relationship with vegetables. In the sense that it makes me uncomfortable how I have to go throw up every time I smell or, heaven forfend, TASTE a vegetable. They taste like green and dirt and although green and dirt are nice useful necessary things that I enjoy seeing with my eyes, I do not like it when they get in my nose and/or mouth. Gross. Interestingly enough I was just having a conversation about this with some gal pals last night, and was firmly asserting that vegetables are. the. WORST. when then I get home that night and what do I find? Mom, preparing EVERY VEGETABLE EVER. Because of school today when we are talking about farms at station day and the activity in out classroom is EATING EVERY VEGETABLE EVER. As an adult, I am horrified. Imagining myself as one of the five year olds coming through here today, it is apocalyptic.

5 comments:

Meg said...

Love this. Also, the captcha to leave this comment is RIDICULOUS.

Coach Vaughn said...

Vegetables are only still around because they have some AMAZING PR people. They convince billions of people a year to eat them even though they're gross. We could learn a lot from them.

Karen said...

Katy! I didn't know your hatred was so deeply felt. Thanks for even touching them and helping me all day! :) Also, never give up trying says Sam I Am!

Becca said...

sick

Kaity said...

but katy- sweet potatoes and carrots. was it all just a lie?