Thursday, April 5, 2012

3 for 3

So yesterday at school, much to my chagrin, some kids started punking on my little dude.  Have I explained about what my job is?  I'm the one to one aide for a lil dude in mom's kindergarten classroom.  I follow him around and keep him on task and take him to his resource and speech and OT sessions.  He's a sweet lil dude and it's a pretty good time all around.  But so anyway yesterday some kids were being sort of punks to him and I a)gave them the fierce eye of death and made throat cutting motions at them [no joke, it was my knee jerk reaction which I only later realized may have been over-doing it...] and b)told on them to my mommy and then SHE a)read them all the freaking riot act--imagine that scene in Muppet Treasure Island when the pirates turn on Tim Curry and give him the black spot but then he does his whole "SATAN is HEATIN' his POKERS for ye!" awesome time and they are shamed to the dust?  Yeah that is the kind of shock and awe that mom unleashed on them yesterday.  And THEN, to SEAL THE DEAL, today we are teaching them that Primary song "If you don't walk like most people do", tragically (for public school legality reasons) sans the chorus that talks about Jesus.  I think they'll still get the message though.  THEY HAD BETTER.  Because you do NOT. Screw. With. My. Lil. Dude.

3 comments:

Christy said...

You're a fierce protector Kate- he is lucky to have you:)( I can't believe you made throat cutting gestures, I hope you aren't sued )

Coach Vaughn said...

Can you follow ME around and keep me on task and protect me from punks? I could really use it.

Karen said...

He's lucky to have you. Probably better not to admit to death threats though!