Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Again I am foiled by my disinclination to blog without pictures.  I've been looking around for my camera but to no avail.  Although now that I think of it, the focus of my life right now is sort of on absences, so it makes sense that there are no pictures.  Ok, here are some ideas of things that you are not seeing pictures not of--don't worry these are not ALL going to be horrifically depressing...in fact, let's start with the sad voids, and then work our way to the happy ones. Ahem:

You are NOT seeing pictures of me watching Yo Gabba Gabba with Lucy, making Lydia fly over my head and drool in my mouth, or 'eating' Joycie's tummy until she grunt-laughs, because they are all in Utah now.  So, visualize a picture of like, bleak empty rooms and the toy corner of the living room cleared out (Dad did that while Mom and I were still in UT, it set us off on a weeping jag when we got home and saw it. which, in fairness, is not that hard to do these days).

There are no pictures of Ruby letting me just sit on the couch an hold her, although that did happen a few times when we were in UT because baby girl was sick and therefore willing to be cuddled.  Is it wrong that I kind of like it when kids are sick when it means they let you snuggle them?  I JUST WANT SNUGGLES.  If I were a Bond villain I would have like a missile of cold germs pointed at a group of children as my endgame.  DIABOLICAL.

Okay, so to sum up in sadness:  All my nieces are gone and it is preeeeeetty lame sauce.

Okay but what is good about life?  I will tell you.
There is an almost complete absence of cluttery junk in my bedroom and studio, because with the total lack of distractions in the form of love or human relationships, I am dedicating myself to organizing and purging and being productive.  IT ALMOST FILLS THE VOID.  So, imagine to yourself a picture of an empty room, but this time instead of tragic violins in the back ground there is New-Age-y tranquility music playing and a pervasive sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.  Now, whether I ever actually sit down and get to work in my nice clean space is another matter.  We....will see.