Thursday, February 18, 2010

VICTORY and a fun fact

This was the best picture from the front page of a google image search on "victory."  What Victory, you ask?  A victory against fate, academia, and tomfoolery!  Which is to say, I passed my thesis defense!  Woo!    Somehow it seems the Honors program bought my nonsense and will reward my months of work and angst with something shiny to wear at graduation.  Um.  Yes. Hooray!











Now for a fun fact:  never say my radio producing job is useless:  In looking at the research of some professors in the communications department I came upon an article about how old people are portrayed in teen film (badly, it would seem) BUT the interesting thing is in the appendix there's a list of the two twenty grossing teen films of the 80s, 90s, and um, 00s? Anyway, the top grossing teen film of the 1990s: CASPER.  As in:


Am I the only one who thinks that is WEIRD and sort of RIDICULOUS? The whole list is pretty surprising really--nothing on it is really that good?  I mean I guess we're talking teen movies so yeah, it's gonna be ridiculous, but still.  I mean, the 80s had Back to the Future, Dead Poet's Society, Ferris Bueller, RED DAWN, Karate Kid--the list goes on.  And the 2000s at least had like Spider Man and Harry Potter and THE LIZZIE McGUIRE MOVIE.  But shoot the 90s, it was Casper, She's All That, and The Brady Bunch Movie.  No kidding those are all in the top 10.  What a funny old decade.

9 comments:

Kyle said...

CASPER?! That is shocking. I DID watch it though, so I am partially responsible. Sorry.

Karen said...

Glad we skipped that one. We DID skip it, right???

Christy said...

What are you saying about Casper Katy?! That movie was genius!! He sacrificed everything for her-THAT is romance. Man that twelve year old kid at the end was hot.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

Appreciates your PO very much the article with the picture. Continues to refuel!!

PrincessDipti said...

hey dear.. wud u mind if i'll say that plz leave some comments on any of my blog posts? not in the chatterbox.. but in the posts itself.. if u dont mind.. i need it for my grade. :) thanks a lot.. i'll be looking forward for your comment :)

and plus you're most welcome to be my follower. hehe. ur own choice..

TA Demings said...

wow. that is beautiful. casper. what a great movie. I really love Bill Pullman. He is in my favorite movie ever ever ever. name the movie (hint, it is not casper) and you get a prize!

TA Demings said...

Also, I would just like to say that you are brilliant and I knew you would be victorious with your thesis. Love you!

Anonymous said...

the world is full of mysteries
myblog