Sunday, June 3, 2012

Touchdown in Telluride!

Hey hey hey, so for the next two weeks I am in Telluride taking a class called Finishing.  Which is maybe not the most descriptive of titles, you think?  What I gather is that it means doing the, ahem, FINISHING touches on books that you've already overhauled.  So it means tooling leather covers and using gold leaf and titling.  And....much much more, maybe.  Who knows.  I have no idea how it will be structured or you know, anything at all, so this makes for a totally blind adventure.

I flew in this time, which always makes me remember how much I like driving to Telluride better.  After a regular flight to Denver, you take a tiny little prop plane down to Telluride--the kind where you walk down the tarmac and climb the little stairs that are build into the door and hand off your bag to the co-pilot who is standing there, who is the same guy who then goes over safety features and makes sure that everyone is sitting spaced out enough so that everything is balanced.  Having done all this, we taxied around for a while, and then another while, and by then like twenty minutes had passed so everyone's eyebrows were furrowed,  until finally we pulled back around to where we started and the pilot powered down and told us that one of the indicator lights was on, something to do with hydraulics, so they were going to have to check things out and fix the problem or get us a new plane.  So the 6 or 7 of us passengers got off, walked back to the terminal, waited for, I dunno, 30-40 minutes, until they sorted out whatever it was and loaded us on again and took off for realsies. 

You guys, I just had an epiphany.  Things like flights being delayed and oh man oh man, they are very interesting when they happen to you.  You text your mom and you have eyebrows with your fellow passengers and it's like an Event.  But it turns out that afterward, they are NOT INTERESTING STORIES AT ALL.  So. Ahem.  YOU'RE WELCOME.

Well, I've just gotten a load of groceries and unpacked my bag and gotten all settled, and there is still an hour and a half before we go down to the studio for the little meet n greet, so peace out suckers I am reading me some Game of Thrones up in here.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Woohoo! ready for a boatload of blogging from T-city! Glad you are there and not strewn across the Colorado Rockies!