Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am going to do a good jorb

So, I got a new job last week, and I am weirdly excited about it. The weirdly part is because though my past few jobs have been not like salt-mine-terrible and have indeed given me lots of money which is awesome, my over-all job-having experience has sort of been "awwwwwwwwww CRAP. So THIS is why all the other girls get married at 19 to young professional types and then devote themselves solely to updating their craft blogs." BUT I feel like that attitude is all about to change, because I got hired to be a sales associate (ahem) at WILLIAM SONOMA. Which is to say, a culinary wonderland full of joyfulness and delight.
So far I've only gone in to do paper work and I really have no idea what my job will even entail, but I can't really imagine it being anything less than AWESOME and LIFE AFFIRMING and OTHER GOOD THINGS IN ALL CAPS. Because seriously even if I somehow have the worst possible duties imaginable, mustn't it all be fairly less bad when I know that there is a full wall display of copper pots only yards away from me at all times?

5 comments:

wsb said...

so ready to abuse this

and get your ass to utah

Katy said...

Goodness madam, language! My MOTHER reads these comments! Also I would not DREAM of misusing my associate privileges. Although apparently gift-giving is allowed out of my discount so um, sweeten the deal (literally, promise me some baked goods) and maybe you can look forward to a nice Christmas. :)

Emma said...

oh beauty! this dear, is just quite exciting.

Jon said...

Nice pots.

TA Demings said...

Katy!! THIS POST MAKES ME SO SO HAPPY!! I LOVE TO BE HEARING THAT YOUR LIFE IS BEING SO GOOD TO YOU AND THAT YOU WILL BE NEXT TO LOVELY COPPER POTS FOR YOUR NEW JOB.

Also, sometimes I like to pretend I am KYLIE!!! but for reals I am not.