Monday, May 24, 2010

math fish

One of the awesome things about this time of the year in California is that it is Open House time in Mom's kindergarten class, which means that I get to go over on the weekend and help finish up all the crazy classroom awesome-ing projects like the ubiquitous Math Fish. The kids write the math sentences on the scales, and theoretically cut them out, and then we attack them with glitter glue to make them BEAUTIFUL. In years past I've come to class and done glitter gluing on demand so the kids can decide if they want kissy lips or bloody-toothed sharks or like...regular fish or something, but this year we did it at home, and I guess just propogated gender stereotypes. Apologies to all the bad-a girls who wanted sharks, and all the tender-hearted boys who are horrified by the vicious beasts we created for them.

Anyway...this is my favorite way of doing sharks: And this is a mediocre example of a girly-fish. It's actually the first one I did this year and I was kind of rusty, which is why she has disturbing bedroom eyes.
If I knew how to look half as sultry as this math fish...it would be weird.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I suck at making math fish. Mom is much better off with you at home.

...

:(