Thursday, May 20, 2010

HERE WE GO

Okay so believe it or not it has been so long since I blogged that...I'm sort of forgotten how? Like, is it allowed to be all words and no pictureS? Becuase I haven't used my camera for like 17 years and I wouldn't really have anything to pictorially commemorate anyway? Actually that is not true, there are plenty of pictures to be taken--I live within like 12 minutes of LUCY, so um GOSH. Okay, I hereby pledge that I'll start taking my camera around with me and taking pictures of things. Maybe my fun game will be seeing if I can get a photo of Lucy in each of her princess dress-up dresses. Yes yes, this is my new goal. I wish I'd thought of this before I got to work; Christy and Lucy are coming to meet me for lunch and I could have gotten started on the Princess Lucy Picture Scavenger Hunt 2010. NEXT TIME.

So, things that are really awesome:
1)Living with Gramma Joyce. You guys, if you have met Gramma Joyce, you know how awesome she is, and you will not be surprised by how great it is to live with her. If you do not know my Gramma Joyce, that puts you in the category of person who is requested and required to come out and visit me at some point this year, so that you can witness the wonder with your very own eyes. An example of how awesome my living conditions are: Last night, after getting home from dinner with my parents, Gramma and I spent the whole evening watching old-school Pride and Prejudice (Laurence Olivier version!), while doing a puzzle, while eating See's Candy!! It was pretty much the best thing ever.

2)Having a job. While one might argue that actually working is NOT really awesome, one could still concede that it's not terrible or awful or horrendous, just like, oh man a responsibility and a thing I have to do everyday, oh well. Also, what IS awesome is that it turns out that work=money, I know I was shocked as well. It is pretty great to think that I just have to go somewhere and sit in a chair and complete a simple task for 8 hours a day and in return, have like food and shelter and a wickedly growing savings account (since I don't actually have to pay for shelter or much food; see point 1)

3)The Invention of Radio and Audio Books.
It turns out that though I was trepidatious at first, the desk I work at is so far out of the way from other people that I can pretty much listen to whatever I want and it is NO PROBLEM. So, to while away the hours when I am completeing the simple task which I do all day, I listen to awesome things like This American Life (thisamericanlife.org, seriously, check it out if you are ever bored and want to listen to something cool for an hour, I kind of am in love with it) and, starting yesterday, audio books! Right now I'm a quarter of the way through Rebecca. Good times, you guys. Good times.

4)Christy meets me for lunch every Tuesday and Thursday. It is VERY awesome. Also, she usually brings something delicious. Also, it is jsut really great to get out of the building and see people who like me and are so great. Also, usually we sit on the grass which Lucy usually pulls up and pokes me with, to which I react with violent shock. Every time. It is so great.

5)Okay well I could go on but probably I should like be honestly earning my wage--I totally had every intention of doing so but I need to talk to my boss to get the next phase of my simple task but when I went in she was on the phone! I am just being polite here people. GOSH. But yes probably in the time it has taken to write this she has gotten off the phone? I hope? Because otherwise it is kind of awkward to just sit here bloggin' when I just need the next few pages of stuff to keep working on and then I can be like legitimately working, rather than blogging and trying to act like I'm not blogging any time a person comes down the hall. Yikes.

4 comments:

Jennifer Ricks said...

I LOVE audio books! Get some Shakespeare recordings from the library--they're totally awesome!

Unknown said...

Yay, you're back! Yeah, audiobooks and podcasts got me through many a desk job. I love This American Life...isn't Ira Glass just simply amazing? Love him.

Caitlin Carroll said...

Tim is reading/listening to Rebecca right now too. You are meant for each other.

Anna said...

Phew! ...I needed that. Thanks for the update. :)
(I won't tell anyone you wrote it just for me ;) ).

And, yay This American Life!